Tuesday 27 October 2015

Wayne Rooney granted Manchester United testimonial

Man Utd have granted Wayne Rooney a testimonial after a campaign by supporters to honour their captain's service to the club.
The game will take place on August 3 next year against yet-to-be-named opponents.
Rooney has scored 236 goals in 493 appearances in 12 seasons at Old Trafford.
"Most of all I want to thank the fans for all their incredible support for me and the team since I joined the club.
"The match night will obviously be special for me and my family but I hope it will be a night of celebration for all involved and that we can also deliver one or two surprises."
Rooney's representatives said the club awarded the striker the testimonial following a meeting between "like-minded individuals and Manchester United fans" who wrote to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward asking that a testimonial be awarded following the player's 11-year spell at the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment