Monday 26 October 2015

George O'Leary to retire as Central Florida coach

Central Florida coach George O'Leary has announced his retirement, effective immediately.
The school confirmed multiple reports when it made an announcement on its website Sunday afternoon. The decision comes one day after a 59-10 loss to Houston, the worst home defeat in school history.
"In an effort to allow UCF to accelerate its search for my successor and clarify the facts regarding my future plans, I am retiring effective immediately,"

O'Leary said in a statement. "I appreciate the opportunity afforded me by John Hitt and Steve Orsini to come to UCF to build a program and the fine facilities we now have here. I am especially proud of our four conference championships and two additional championship appearances in the last 10 years along with seven bowl appearances and 31 wins in the three previous seasons.
"I again want to thank my coaches, players and loyal supporters for their efforts on this journey from the MAC to the AAC. Godspeed and go Knights."

No comments:

Post a Comment